Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Surprises

Some surprises can be a bit unsettling, like when you get ready to sit down at the table and are inexplicably confronted with this face:

Alfie's face peeks out from under the tablecloth with an intense, staring expression in his eyes
Boo!

Um...yikes.  Just what was he doing under there, I'd like to know?

...But then again, sometimes there are nice surprises!  I came in from a frenzy of spring veggie planting yesterday afternoon to find that Alfie has received two awards for his blog!

The Happy 101 award is from our blog friends Pompei and Toby.  Thanks!!  You are Sweet Friends indeed! 




Thank you, Toby, for also giving us the Sunshine Award...just looking at it makes me want to smile! 

bright red-orange gerber daisy in front of a bright blue sky with wispy white clouds

...Of course these awards have an interactive side to them.  As a recipient of the Happy 101 I'm supposed to: 

  • copy and paste the images to my blog

  •  list 10 things that make me happy, and do one of them today

  • list 10 bloggers who brighten my day
It looks to me like the rules for the Sunshine Award are the same, except you list 12 friends instead of 10.  Taking a cue from Toby, I'm going to streamline this by listing 12 people and that's going to count for both awards!  After all... all of you blog friends are sweet and add a lot of sunshine to my day.  So let's get on with it!

10 things that make me happy?  Oh wow -- obviously, my amazing friends and family...


my Mom, daughter, and me sitting on the edge of a fountain, all are smiling as the breeze blows our hair back

 ...hugs and laughter...the first bluebonnets of spring...



a drift of very bright blue wildflowers blooms along a roadside...each individual flower has a cap of snow white atop the blue

...reading a good book...checking things off my to-do list...as a Texan I'll also have to add Tex-Mex food and Blue Bell ice cream (oh yeah!!  non-Texans don't know what you're missing!)...and of COURSE walkies and snuggles with my buddy Alf!


I'm sitting on the grass, hugging Alfie in my lap

I guess that may be more than ten...I feel like I was just getting started! 

How about a dozen bloggers who lend a bit of sunshine and sweetness to my day?  In no particular order, I nominate the following for these two awards:


...now I think I'll get out and enjoy this spring weather!


Alfie's face wears a slightly bored expression as he sits outside in the sun
...time for our walk already!!


14 comments:

Infrequent Flyers said...

What a nice post! Those bluebonnets are gorgeous. I've never seen that kind of flower before. Yes, enjoy the spring weather, it looks beautiful there.

Natalie said...

Thanks!! I like Alfie's "Boo" picture!

Sunny said...

Oh thank you Alfie! Wow, 2 awards!
I will have Mom post them as soon as she can.
Luv, Lucy (Woof!)

Elise and Barbara said...

Thank you very much for the award! :)

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

Pawesome pictures, glad you liked the awards!

Moose said...

I dunno all those surprises look pretty nice to me!
Thanks so much for thinking of us! I don't think I have visited before but look forward to getting to know you! I only know one other Labradoodle. You pups are awesome but I can't believe you are going to be a guide dog when you grow up! That is even more awesome!

L^2 said...

Hahaha... love Alfie's "Boo!" picture, and love those flowers too. Thank you for thinking of us as well!

Becky Andrews said...

How fun - thanks for thinking of us! That gives us something fun to blog about ... enjoy that spring weather and please send it out way ... windy and cold in Utah

Ruby's Raiser said...

Yay, congratulations on your awards! And now for some reason, I am hungry for things I cannot get here in Colorado...

nam said...

Look at that face!!!!!!!!!! : )

Dogster Dog here! Just wanted to stop by your blog to award you with our top dog blogger award! I couldn't find your email, so hopefully you get this message. If you're interested, just shoot me an email at nam(at)dogster.com! WOOFS!

Dexter said...

Thanks for the award my hard working friend. I am loving your fuzzy face.

Slobbers,
Mango

Sierra Rose said...

Thanks sweet friends!!
Love the photos!! One with mom warms our hearts and the one with you peaking from the table!!! Great!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Lisa and pups said...

Thanks for the award!!!

Lauren said...

Thank you so much for the award. Don and I are very excited about receiving our first award. Can't wait to write a post about it!

What nice pictures- I love Aflie's long fur around his nose. so cute