Wednesday, September 7, 2011

All Better

Well, the bee sting took just a few hours to get over.  However, the vet instructed us to keep Alfie on a home-cooked diet of brown rice and chicken for a few days, then slowly switch back to kibble.

Oh. My.

Alfie's discovered a new raison d'etre:  DINNER!  He's gone from being a good eater to being downright greedy.  No wonder...his food smells really good.  One morning the kids came out to the smell of it simmering on the stove and were all like, "Oh, Mom, you're cooking us breakfast!"  Nope, I sheepishly had to admit...it was for the dog...

All I can say is:  Wish us luck switching back!

Alfie sitting on leash and looking up with a happy smile

3 comments:

Becky Andrews said...

Glad you are doing better, Alfie. Love the story about cooking his food :).

Lisa and pups said...

Oh my goodness... I can see why he has gotten greedy, what a yummy change to regular old dry kibble! What a nice mom he has to take such care of him! Good luck with the regular food! :) ANd YAY for him doing so much better!

Unknown said...

Australian breed- how cool!
I am from Australia Alfie.
Wink ;-) Gypsy

Please follow me too!
http://gypsyju.blogspot.com/