Wednesday, September 15, 2010

You Call That Clean?!

So...I was doing laundry today, which for me means hanging lots of things to dry (I've had too many clothes shrink in the drier!)  That's when I noticed Alfie paying an unusual amount of attention to some jeans of mine.  He laid his chin affectionately on them while they were waiting to be hung up...I walked over to get a hanger, came back, and he'd stuck his whole head (up to the collar) inside one pants leg!  Ummm...I just took them out of the washer, but if Alfie's that interested, something's gotta be wrong!  Okay, okay, let's see what it is.

I'm kneeling on the floor holding a pair of jeans turned inside out; Alfie's scarfing up the icky wet kibble stuck inside
Finders keepers!  Mmm!

Er...yeah.  Soggy kibble!  I'm normally a treat pouch kind of person and now I know why...  Has this happened to any of you before?  Any other dogs turned personal laundry assistant?

4 comments:

Lisa and pups said...

ha, we can't treat our dogs, so - nope, not had that happen. But, Ellie loves to help my do laundry by pulling the clothes out of the dryer (when they have cooled down a bit so she doesn't get burned) and putting them in the laundry basket! When I had a front loader washer, she'd help with that too, but it went kerplunk and now I have a top loader!

Infrequent Flyers said...

Did the kibble hold any shape, or was it just a mushy glob? I don't put treats in my pocket because I KNOW they would end up in my laundry. It's just too easy to forget about it!

Beth and Alfie said...

Wow, Lisa, that's impressive about Ellie!! What a sweet helper, especially since she enjoys doing it so much. :-)

Mimi -- they came out bigger than normal but still in the same shape. I usually don't put anything in my pockets either, I don't know what came over me! :-/

Erin said...

My pups have chewed the pockets out to get at treats. I now either hang my clothes up or put them on a surface they can't access! :)