Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wow

Here's your laugh for the day.  Alfie and I are leaving a store where we've been working and as we walk through the parking lot toward our car, another car door opens.  A man's voice booms out with such excitement you'd think he'd won the lottery or something:  "WOW!!!!!  A BROWN  service dog!!!"

That just struck me funny...out of all the things that are unusual about Alfie, I never thought his COLOR was really one of them, or at least not at the top of the list! 
closeup of Alfie's face inside a store
Yep, I'm brown all right!

11 comments:

L^2 said...

LOL! Actually, brown guide/service dogs are pretty rare. Most programs seem to avoid using chocolate Labs. And most don't use any of the other large breeds (or crosses of them) that can come in brown either.

Sarah and Romeo said...

Amazing what the public sees/says huh? What L^2 said, alot of them stay away from chocolate anything.

Beth and Alfie said...

You're right L2 & Sarah -- I guess I just see all the yellow/gold labs and goldens as another shade of "brown"...which it really isn't come to think of it! From what I understand, I think Alfie's color is from the poodle end of things.

Erin said...

*sigh I guess that goes to show you most schools are *colorists! :))

Infrequent Flyers said...

I think it might have to do with brown being recessive. So it isn't that people don't like brown, but that brown is more difficult to breed for. Anyway, I don't consider Alfie to be brown--he's more like milk chocolate!

Shelly :) said...

I love that picture of Alfie! :)

Sierra Rose said...

Made us chuckle! Sounds like he was glad to meet you Alfie! Have a wonderful weekend :)

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Lisa and pups said...

Ha ha - that's cute. Makes me think of UPS' slogan. Brown Works for You

Beth and Alfie said...

LE&H -- Maybe I should approach UPS about doing some kind of sponsorship for us! :)

Becky Andrews said...

He would be an adorable sponsor for UPS! It is funny the comments you get - some are so unexpected.

Ruby's Raiser said...

Hilarious! I've heard a lot of things and that would definitely be right up there with some of the oddest! ;)