Sunday, July 25, 2010

Always "On"

One of my responsibilities (aside from dog training!) is cleaning our church every weekend.  Alfie usually tags along, keeping me company while I work.  He doesn't wear his jacket, and he's not officially "working." Yet this is a common sight:

Alfie, handsome chocolate labradoodle, is standing with front feet on a step up, turning to face me with his big pink tongue hanging out
This should score me a kibble!

Yep.  He's indicating that "step-up," and definitely hoping for at least a "good boy" for his efforts!  He'll sit at the down steps too, if I'm anywhere near close enough to notice.  I think he's pretty proud of himself.  Makes me laugh every time! 

6 comments:

Becky Andrews said...

Alfie - you are so cute and have such a desire to please and do such good work. I think you earned a kibble or two and a good boy!

Infrequent Flyers said...

That's quite a commitment, to clean your church every week! I don't even clean my own house every week...you and Alfie both deserve some praise and kibbles!

Sierra Rose said...

Alfie!! You are doing such a great job at assisting mom with the church cleanup! And, wonderful that mom dedicates this time :)
Blessings and happy rest of the day today.

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Lisa and pups said...

Great job Alfie. You look so good and happy too working even when you don't have to! :D

Lauren said...

That's so nice of you to clean the church every week! Alfie is such a good boy- and his tongue is really cute in that picture :)

Alfie, you should be very proud of yourself. You've got an awesome work ethic :)

L^2 said...

Too cute. Good boy Alfie!